One of the ways we impact nature by footprint. Aim, if you are keen to reduce the carbon footprints by going eco-friendly,
A well-planned eco-friendly homepage will help you to improve your energy efficiency. However, building an eco-friendly home requires a lot of planning. It is going to be ready to move forward as soon as possible.
So, below are some of the ways in which you can build your eco-friendly home through simple practices.
1. Adopt greenery - A plot of green trees or shrubs in your verandah will be a sight to wake up to. So, if there are not any greens around, start by planting some saplings. Also, these greens will provide your skin. Moreover, if space is a constraint, you can also use hanging pots, grow bags and self-watering planters.
2. Choose the right flooring - When it comes to flooring, one has plenty of options to choose from. But if you want to build an eco-friendly home, let the flooring be of laminated wood or bamboo rather than glossy vitrified tiles and hardwoods.
3. Care about H2O – Saving water starts at plugging all the water leaks and keeping a regular check on all the taps. Also, you can have low-flow taps and showers instead of high-flow ones. This will drastically reduce the amount of water used and help in conserving water.
4. Take the solar plunge – A home that is powered by solar energy does the dual trick of utilizing power resources sustainably and reducing electricity bills. Also, if there are solar panels and solar thermal panels installed for the entire society, it can help in a variety of issues such as pre-heating ventilation air, water heating, solar cooling and lighting and electricity.
5. Lighting choices - While having solar power is good; managing electric fixtures further helps in reducing carbon footprint. So, having LED lighting or solar-powered lighting with a focus on energy efficient electrical devices works in the favor.
Apart from the above ways, you can also set up rainwater harvesting and keep tabs on waste management.
So, if you are in the search for smart residential projects in Mumbai , check out projects by Hiranandani Communities . They are built for sustainable living and have ample greens around.